Monday, September 26, 2011

a little mommy bragging time

I am always amazed at what Xavier is able to do.  I realize I say that all of the time, but it's true! I'm probably even more amazed than your average parent because of all the extra "stuff" Xavier has been through.  For that reason, you will have to forgive me for feeling the need to share my amazement with all of you...over and over and over!

Xavier is now walking all over the place by himself.  It is so cute to watch him walk around, carrying his toys with him!  He officially took his first independent steps about two months ago, but he has finally gained enough balance and confidence in his own legs to do it consistently. Over the weekend, Matt and I took him to Babies R Us and Xavier walked around the ENTIRE store by himself, and if you have ever been to BRU you know it isn't a small store by any means. We weren't in a hurry so we just followed him around as he checked out the shoes, toys, and baby gear. We did pause for a minute to check out a potty chair, but Xavier kept reaching down between his legs into the bowl. I don't think we are quite ready for that...haha!

My other bragging right comes from how smart Xavier is.  Matt and I have been teaching Xavier sign language to help him communicate since he isn't talking yet.  He has been doing really well with it and I was curious about how many signs he knows.  I made a list of all the signs he has done multiple times, unprompted, and came up with 36 signs! Wow!!  Here is a list of the signs he knows: milk, more, eat, all done, up, down, dad, bath, bubble, ball, football, tree, flower, hat, shoes, car, helicopter, airplane, dog, cat, fish, bird, butterfly, lion, giraffe, bear, alligator, hippo, elephant, seal, monkey, cow, horse, mouse, pig, octopus.  I'm sure that I am missing some and he is learning more every day!  He also likes to point to other little boys and then back at himself as if to say "hey, those kids are like me!"  He is so smart and is becoming so much more aware of his surroundings. It is so much fun watching him learn new things!

I love this little boy with all my heart! He is so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment