Wednesday, August 17, 2011

oatmeal...today's hottest fashion accessory

I see women carrying around their children while wearing the latest fashions and high-heels, and I just don't understand it. How do they do it?? I get dressed in the morning and not even ten minutes later the neckline of my shirt is stretched down to my bellybutton and I'm wearing a lovely concoction of drool, oatmeal, and peanut butter. I only wish that I were exaggerating!

I really should take more pride in my stretched out clothing with random stains. They show me off to the world as a mom...one that is down on the floor playing and getting dirty right along with my son. I love being able to take Xavier to the park and not worry about getting down in the grass or going down the slide with him. Being a mom just wouldn't be as much fun if I were wearing heels or trying to keep an expensive wardrobe clean.

While there are certainly days that I would like to be able to leave the house wearing a fashion accessory other than oatmeal, I will probably never be a very stylish mom...and that's okay with me. I like to think that when I look back on these times, I will smile, laugh, and miss the oatmeal stains and what they represent.


His method of eating oatmeal by the handfuls
may have something to do with why I end up wearing it most days.


No comments:

Post a Comment