Friday, February 10, 2017

a long overdue update (part 2)

Since it is nearly impossible to recap everything that has happened during the past four years, I will just try to highlight a few of his favorite things.

Xavier is now in the first grade and absolutely loves school. He takes so much pride in getting his work done and is excited to learn new things. He loves reading (he is currently reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) and has been taking two spelling tests each week (his choice to do two). Math is one of his favorite subjects in school and he is working on multiplication and division. I find it crazy because I'm pretty sure I was just starting simple addition when I was in the first grade. I remember being told at the very beginning of our CHD journey that it was very possible that Xavier would have learning disabilities as a result of the CHD and surgeries. He has decided to defy the odds once again and continues to amaze us with what he is capable of.

Here is Xavier on the first day of first grade.

While he does not play with many toys, he does love anything to do with Pokémon, Harry Potter and Legos. If given the choice though, he would almost always choose to be doing something active such as swimming, hiking/geocaching, riding his bike, playing at the park, blowing bubbles, snowboarding, running, jumping, and bouncing. I wish I had a fraction of the energy he has! He loves baseball, both playing little league and cheering on the Padres. He also enjoys doing science experiments and we are often looking at crystals, making slime, and erupting volcanoes. He likes to cook and bake and has made us a few dinners almost completely on his own. Xavier also has a big heart and loves his family, friends, animals (especially dogs), and is concerned about protecting the earth. 

I know I am completely biased, but I think he is a pretty amazing kid. 



No comments:

Post a Comment