While we still have to constantly be aware of Xavier's condition, it is no longer seems all-consuming. Yes, I am still reminded everyday when I see his scars; yes, I know that he will have at least one more open-heart surgery; and yes, I check his color frequently looking for any hint of blue, but for the most part our daily life has become "normal"...whatever that is.
The journey of a first-time mom and her child - a simple life complicated by congenital heart defects.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
two years later...
Our little heart hero turned TWO last month! It just seems unreal to me how quickly the time has gone. We have certainly endured our share of challenges over the past two years, but I wouldn't trade a moment of it.
Xavier is getting so big, although (probably much to his dismay during his teenage years) he will always be my baby. It has been so much fun watching how he constantly learns new things and develops his own personality. He can be quite stubborn at times and always wants to do everything by himself, but I think this is just part of being a toddler. :) It really is amazing to watch him, knowing that he has been through so much, yet still has the ability to laugh, smile, play, and enjoy life. There are many life lessons that I can learn from him. Through all the ups and downs, these past two years have certainly left me with a new perspective on life and what is truly important.
While we still have to constantly be aware of Xavier's condition, it is no longer seems all-consuming. Yes, I am still reminded everyday when I see his scars; yes, I know that he will have at least one more open-heart surgery; and yes, I check his color frequently looking for any hint of blue, but for the most part our daily life has become "normal"...whatever that is.
While we still have to constantly be aware of Xavier's condition, it is no longer seems all-consuming. Yes, I am still reminded everyday when I see his scars; yes, I know that he will have at least one more open-heart surgery; and yes, I check his color frequently looking for any hint of blue, but for the most part our daily life has become "normal"...whatever that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment