We were so excited to celebrate Xavier's first birthday! I wanted to do something special, since he had been through so much during the first year...he deserved something special. We invited his playgroup friends, in addition to a few of our close San Diego friends. An extra special treat came when we found out Titi Brandi and Cousin Solana would be there for the party!
I won't lie, it was a little stressful. We had to wait until Xavier was in bed to do most of the decorating and finish his cake so it was a very late night. It was worth it though. Here is the birthday cake that I made for him. It was my first time taking on a cake like this, so I was pretty proud about how it turned out!
I think Xavier was a little overwhelmed on the day of his party. He refused to take a nap before his party started...there was too much activity with Matt, Brandi, and I trying to finish all the last minute details. Then he didn't quite seem what to make of having so many people over to the house. Even though he was a little crabby, he was still the CUTEST birthday boy, ever!
And when it came to eating birthday cake, he suddenly became a little more interested...haha!
A huge thank-you to everyone that helped us celebrate this wonderful day!



I am SO happy that Soli and I were able to be there to enjoy Xavier's special day with you!! :)
ReplyDelete